- Follow Gothamiston Twitter,Instagram,YouTube, andlike us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Here aretwo chancesto get to know Jan Hakon Erichsen, the Twitter balloon guy.
- Uhhhhh, the acting director of US Citizenship and Immigration Services inaccurately revised Emma Lazarus’s iconic poem on the Statue of Liberty’s pedestal to suggest that onlyimmigrants who can “stand on their own two feet” are welcome in the United States.
- Here are America’sfastest-warming places.
- Hugh Grantvery accurately believesthatPaddington 2may be “the best film I’ve ever been in.”
- The Atlantic writes aboutthe routine savagery, brutality, and cruelty that defines our prisons and jails.
- Have you beendogfished on Tinder?
- Michael Gandolfinireflects onwatchingThe Sopranosfor the first time and how it brought up a lot of emotions about his father: ‘The other one that crushed me was when he yells at A. J., and he gets a pizza to apologize, and he sits by his son’s bed and says, ‘I couldn’t ask for a better son.’ I just knew he was talking to me in that scene.’
- A nationwide boom in home-based food businesses has bypassed New Jersey, the only state that still bars such sales—but home bakersare fighting back.
- The iconic Keith Haring “Crack is Whack” East Harlem muralis getting restored.
- Check out new movie trailers for Greta Gerwig’s star-studdedLittle Womenadaptation and Terrence Malick’s gorgeous-lookingA Hidden Life.
- Getting stalked by your professoris not very nice.
- That Barstool Sports founderreally hates unions, but seems to love making illegal threats.
- And finally, this is how I shall greet my pup every day from now on:
How everyone should treat their dogspic.twitter.com/LGUsbEiYxP
— The Friendly Asshole (@FriendlyAssh0le)August 11, 2019